- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2018
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred once awarded. It must be taken up in the year which was applied for.
PLEASE NOTE: If you qualify for the Scholarship, The Mandela Rhodes Foundation does not apply to tertiary institutions on your behalf. Applicants must apply separately to their chosen tertiary institution for the degree they wish to undertake. The Scholarship award is conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant institution.